He wanted cotton so I used Wildflower DK. I had the help of EZ and Sweater Wizard to knit it in the round with phoney seams. Since I planned on using duplicate stitch for the diamonds, I left them off. I gave up after several attempts to make the stitch look good. I thought I was going to cry until my dear hubby suggested I knit the diamonds and use my serger to shape them. Hmmm, I thought, that sounds like it might work. Needless to say, I knit the rectangles one color after another and cast off. I sandwiched the piece between two sheets of tearaway stabilizer (thank you Nancy's Notions); stitched the diamond shape with the sewing machine and then serged the edges. An embroidery chain stitch holds the diamonds in place as well as, a little whip stitching with sewing thread. Voila!! Son has his sweater now and it is as unique as he is.
Just Quilt It
11 hours ago