Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Glint of silver in these socks

A person would wonder if any metallic yarn/thread in a sock yarn would be comfortable. I tried it and found no difference in wear with these socks vs. my non-metallic socks.
I made a pair of socks for my SIL from a 100-gram ball not caring to match anything up...but they did...and perfectly at that!! No matter how hard I tried to match these up (two 50-gram balls to boot!!), it was only accomplished from the cuff to the ankle. Must be because they were for me.
I used Schoeller + Stahl, Fortissima Colori #9051 and size US 00 dpn's to get my gauge of 9 sts to 1" (always a smaller needle with me ~ the loose knitter). They knit up real nice and I absolutely LOVE the hint of silver colored yarn/thread throughout! I need to knit more of these up. I get more compliments with this pair of socks than any of my others.

2 comments:

  1. yes, nice looking socks. I have some CTH yarn with a little glitter in it, I was wondering if it would be comfortable. I'm inspired to give it a try. Also, thanks for the suggestions re my Pomatomus socks. I used a large super sticky note, and put it on the chart (which is in a plastic sleeve) above the current row. Then I move it up with each row completed. That definitely helps keep me oriented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous socks! I just got some of the same yarn, and am glad to know it's comfortable to wear. Now I can't wait to start my own!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO looking forward to reading your comment!!! Thank you for leaving one!