Monday, October 20, 2008

Wishbone (EZ) sweater for my son

After I knit my son the hat of his choice, I asked him if he would like the Wishbone sweater. He took a look at it and without missing a beat, said he would indeed!

All EZ fans know this comes from the Knitter's Almanac. I used the Sheepsdown wool that she used but not the size needles she used.

EZ got 2 1/2 sts/inch using US sz 10 needles. I tried that and I wasn't even close. I had too many stitches. So.....I experimented with many needles and found I got gauge with US sz 13!!!
What's with that?! I am a loose knitter but with this thick wool, I am a tight knitter. I would love if someone could explain that to me.

It didn't take long [see picture] to knit the sleeves and then the body (a few days) but I had to wait to join to make sure everything was long enough before joining. I found I need to knit the sleeves a bit longer. Once I join, the knitting is going to go so fast! My son will have a sweater to go with his hat and will surely be warmly surrounded by my knitting.

So, I'm off to knit!

1 comment:

  1. Love this sweater, pure natur Maria. Lucky son.
    Happy knitting Anje.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO looking forward to reading your comment!!! Thank you for leaving one!