Friday, July 18, 2008

Christine Duchrow's Oval Doily

With broken German and my trusty German/English Dictionary, I am attempting to knit her.

I'm knitting on US sz 1 needle and DMC Cebelia sz 30 crochet cotton. [I mention US because when I read sz 2.5 or sz 4.5, I never know if they are talking mm or US]

This is round 7.....I'm not sure why the picture is blurry in places but I hope you can still see my attempt at a beautiful design from her 1st, of 3, books.

I forgot to say I used the long-tail method to cast on 496 stitches. There are 3 repeats for every 124 stitches and that's why the 4 little pink slip knots. The green marker was to keep the stitches from twisting.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my! That's a lot of stitches to cast on! I look forward to seeing how this turns out... I love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, not only converting a pattern from a different language but also casting on 496 stitches 8). It looks awesome and so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! You don't have to struggle with the German unless you want to. Remember, I'm fluent! :-)

    Hugs, Courtney

    ReplyDelete

I am SO looking forward to reading your comment!!! Thank you for leaving one!