Friday, July 1, 2011

I'm in a spiral...

...and knitting round and round until I knit it big enough to fit inside an Oval Doily of Christine Duchrow. 

Using sz 30 thread and US sz 1 needles, this doily is knit from the outside to the middle.  Stop.  Start the spiral from the center (as in the picture) to the middle.  Stop.  Then marry the two together.

I look forward to posting the completed doily.  It's been quite a challenge since I know only a little written German.  Ha!  I would have to pick the most complicated pattern from her three volumes.

5 comments:

  1. It is quite interesting! Wow - you are the talented one

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lot of work, lovely work at that. Looking forward to seeing the finished doiley my friend. Here is the address of a lady after your own heart with knitting fine things.
    http://billabongs2bling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!
    that will be beautiful!
    if you need help translating, let me know.

    char

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks very interesting, and something I hadn't seen before. I can't wait to see this done - no pressure mind you.....ha, ha, ha. I love this very fine knitted lace too. I truly think we might be twins separated at birth.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO looking forward to reading your comment!!! Thank you for leaving one!