Monday, February 21, 2011

The tatted Daffodil Doily....

....is blocked and on its way to my mom.

As I tatted around, on Round 4, I realized I would end up with an additional ring.  I read the pattern, again....looked at the sketch...and there it was!  On Round 3, one of the chains should have one less picot.  [You can see the extra ring bottom right]
I challenged myself by making split chains and split rings.  It was invigorating!
This is a lovely doily and I'll be making it again. 

Oh, shoot!  I forgot to measure how wide it blocked out to be!  Another excuse to call my mom.  ;^)

6 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful! I tried to teach myself to tat several years ago, from books and the internet. I didn't get very far, and put it away. Your work has inspired me to pull my supplies out and give it another go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little doily! I discovered the same thing the first time I tatted it. I emailed the company and the designer, and I was sent a corrected pattern, but the corrected pattern was wrong! I left out one picot on round 3 and all was good. It works up quickly too. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! that's beautiful!

    hugz
    Pam

    One of these days, I'll photo my yarn collection!!! Oiy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful. And I still can't see the extra! And I like that I can't see the extra! I'm too busy oohing and aaahing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just lovely! Beautiful like all the stuff you make :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very pretty doily!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO looking forward to reading your comment!!! Thank you for leaving one!