Sunday, May 18, 2008

Counted Cross Stitch

I love knitting first but I also love to do counted cross stitch. This project is something very dear to Ed, my hubby.
Oops, I almost told you what I was making!! I want to keep you in suspense.........I hope.

I have a cross stitch program from STOIK called 'PM Stitch Creator v.3'. It's awesome.

I'm working this at 18 stitches to the inch and there are 149 colors in it. When finished, it should be 11" wide by 12.6" tall. In order to "see" the chart, I printed it out in 9 pages (3x3)..........and this is the result of 3 nights work ~



My goal is to be finished by the last day of July. Hmmm, I wonder...........

5 comments:

  1. WOW. Looks impressive. I have a cross stitch program. These days I tend to use it more for knitting and soon weaving (the inkle/tablet loom bug bit me as it's portable and I can take it to the park with the kids). Can't wait to see the finished project. I have cross stitched in years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done any cross stitch since my mother died in '01. I really should get back to it. Do we get to see your finished project?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Candi, I will surely post my finished project. It might be awhile..........
    I've been working on the rest of the story of my grandfather on my father's side, too, to post.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, how is your counted cross stitch coming? I know what it is because you told me earlier. I can't wait to see the finished project. Your husband is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO looking forward to reading your comment!!! Thank you for leaving one!