Saturday, June 2, 2012

My Retro Flower Quilt

Start like this...

...and add a few other things and you have a quilt!
I joined a Quilt-Along (QAL) called Retro Flower.  You can find the pattern at The Sometimes Crafter.  I first saw this block at Rachel's.  How did I get to Rachel's blog and why did I look around and see SO many things that I wanted to learn and make.  

This one is going to my mom, for Father's Day, and it is supposed to look like Cornflowers.....Retro Cornflowers.  
Now I'm back to doing some test knitting for Denise at LostCityKnits.

5 comments:

  1. I love the design of this quilt and the colours are gorgeous. I am sure your mum will adore it. You are doing wonderful things with your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the design and colors, too. Not only does it look like cornflowers, but from a distance, it looks a little like butterflies, too! So thanks for lifting my day with something so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to see your work again Maria. I love your quilt, the colours are clear and clean. My mother used to grow Cornflowers in her garden, and to this day, blue flowers are amongst my most favourite colours for gardens. Take care, and be happy. Good luck with the knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I love the blue retro flowers! Well done!

    My sister had a VW bug back in the late 60's. When she bought gas at the Daisy gas station they gave her crazy dazy stickers, which she covered her VW with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and very unique. I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO looking forward to reading your comment!!! Thank you for leaving one!