Saturday, November 30, 2013

For Sale: Antique circular sock knitting machine

Hold on to your socks!!!  

My friend Julie wishes to sell her antique circular sock knitting machine (CSM) and everything that goes with it, and it is an impressive collection. She has neither the time nor space to enjoy the hobby any longer and hopes to find a new home for her machine. 

If you have ever been tempted, but worry about a machine requiring special care and repairs, set your fears aside. This circa l950's Canadian-made Auto-Knitter purrs ... and knits beautifully, too, as you can see by the photos. 
The collection includes 2 original cylinders and accompanying ribber dials, 60/30, 72/36, and a Mark Amlung custom-made solid brass 80/40 combination, perfect for large adult or small children's socks.  

Also, there are original manuals, new manuals, instruction books, The Sock Machine Knitting Newsletter complete from Volume 1, Issue 1 to Volume 13, Issue 4, 3 pattern books by Jenny Deters, one of which Julie edited, extra new parts, extra original parts, brochures from national and local retreats, row counters, CDs, VHS tapes, tools, and a staggering selection of over 700 needles. In short, this is a machine ready to and capable of making socks and much more!

The price for the entire collection is USD$2300.00, plus shipping from WA. 

If you have questions and wish more information and photos, please email Julie at
juliemichaux(at)yahoo.com








6 comments:

  1. an awesome collection. however I am looking for a Gearhart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am very jealous and envious of you being able to knit those beautiful socks. This past fall I bought an Auto Knitter Sock machine,( older and used). I can not for the life of me get it to knit. Some of the needles will knit and then again not. I have watched I think all the videos on you tube and it looks so easy. Why will mine not do that.? Since you have made many pairs maybe you can HELP ME? I am very desperate, I have so much yarn that is just waiting to be knitted on this machine. Do you think you can give me some pointers? I'd very much appreciate it. Thanking you in advance.Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Janet,
      Please contact Julie at the email listed in my post. She said she'd be happy to help.
      Maria

      Delete
  3. What an impressive machine, and such wonderful socks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It sure is and Julie would love to hear from you. Please email her at juliemichaux@yahoo.com

      Delete

I am SO looking forward to reading your comment!!! Thank you for leaving one!