Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I crocheted a Tulip Doily

This pattern link can be found at Doily-Of-The-Month.  It's the May 2011 Member's Choice.  We all get a bunch to vote on every month and that is the one most of us wanted to crochet.
I just now noticed that this doily grew to be 20" in diameter! 
The materials I used were sz 10 Royale Crochet Thread in Cream and a US sz 8 hook.

So, I was looking at it and thought maybe it could use some color.  Maybe purple tulips with green leaves?  Does anyone else have an opinion?  I'd love to hear!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is definitely GAWJOUS! Wow, you are so talented!!!!!

    hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this, it is beautiful. If you coloured the tulips would you colour the rest as well. This design is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it just the way it is, but it would be fun to color, too. I've really been getting into dying my own thread lately, and my latest batch made use of various juices. I think strawberry-colored tulips would be awesome. I wonder if it could be done without knots and without staining the surrounding background...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tulip doily that you made says that the pattern is at doily of the month but when you click on the link it's a totally different doily. Could you provide the pattern for the tulip doily that you posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2011. It is so beautiful and I really would like to make it for my mom. In fact, if you see this note, I can hardly wait! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi DaisyGirl....I didn't have an email to email you back and your profile didn't give me anything.....:(
    The Doily of the Month is a yahoo group that changes the picture on their homepage each month. You need to join to look back in the files for the May 2011 Member's Choice Doily pattern.
    I hope you join!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

I am SO looking forward to reading your comment!!! Thank you for leaving one!