Saturday, September 29, 2007

Icelandic Lace Shawl update

I've had a little time to knit on this shawl and it's coming along nicely. I'm on Chart E and it's flowing smoothly.
I think what makes it such a nice knit is the Main Line yarn. The runner up is Andean Silk from Knitpicks.
I will definitely be wearing this and showing it off.
I am at a loss for words today. How strange for a gal whose 6th grade report card had, "She talks too much" written on it each quarter. I only mention the 6th grade because I don't remember my other report cards. You ever have one of those days?

6 comments:

  1. Isn't that the shawl which starts at the edge with gazillion stitches to cast on? ;o) I like how it looks, but so far I can't bring myself to cast on those many stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking beautiful! You are a wonderful knitter. You will have this shawl finished in a day or two. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started this shawl today! Did you use the needles called for, size 4? I've read a couple blogs and some went to a 6! I started with a 5 because I didn't have a 4 but went out today and bought one! But do I need a 6 instead?
    You're following the charts? I need it row by row in words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's gonna be gorgeous. Is the top-edge-down making it easier, since you know there's fewer stitches each time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great - love your choice of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shawl. I joined that Kal but when I saw how many stitches had to be cast on before even starting I got discouraged. But I have put it in my projects to knit, so I will eventually get it done. But you are doing an awesome job!! Keep up the good work my friend and knit on!

    ReplyDelete

I am SO looking forward to reading your comment!!! Thank you for leaving one!