Saturday, September 8, 2007

Ahhhhh.....Icelandic Lace

I finally got to start this Tuesday, even though the official start date was Monday.
My, oh, my.....the yarn feels so nice. It's JaggerSpun Main Line and feels like some of the lanolin is still in it. I got it from Sarah's Yarns and she is a wonderful person to do business with.
I am a loose knitter and I'm using Addi Lace Needles in US sz 4. So far, I like the way it looks and feels.

The pattern is from Knitting Daily or you could join the Icelandic Lace Shawl KAL. The KAL is warm and inviting with lots of help. It's kind of nice to know there are others working on the same project you are.

I've got a few toes to do the "Kitch" with on my BBS before I can resume knitting on it.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading my blog, mostly because I now have found yours! Can't wait to see what you do with the Icelandic shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning shawl!!! Wow. I am almost speechless! Good luck in the KAL!! I'm anxious to see its progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I just discovered your blog, and wow it's great. I love the lace. You do such a nice job. I've really enjoyed checking out your projects. Keep up the good work.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you are coming along fine so far. I love the way the rows get shorter. Should be a fun knit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eyeing this one since I was the pattern on Knitting Daily. So many patterns so little knitting time. I'll be watching to see how yours is coming along. It looks like a great shawl to cuddle in on a cold winter night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog and getting to see your work even though you have moved so far away.

    ReplyDelete

I am SO looking forward to reading your comment!!! Thank you for leaving one!